[thelist] Print Magazine digital design annual

Jason Elliot Burk jasonb at halstead-architects.com
Tue Oct 17 12:19:18 CDT 2000

Patricia Meeks wrote:

> with full color printing jobs using the latest ink and paper effects. Print
> is a runway fashion show for the industry where the design rules. Download
> times, optimization, browser compatibility and search engine placement just
> aren't factors.

you nailed it.  and this phenomenon is so common in every design industry,
whether architecture, fashion, interiors, furniture, print, web, etc...look at
magazines like flaunt, colors (bennetton), wallpaper, architecture, metropolis
(forgive me for omitting kick ass magz):  do they really reflect the culture to
which they're marketed?  i would guess about the top 1%...

jason
j a s o n  e . b u r k
http://www.bsu.edu/World2000/research/burk/
HALSTEAD|architects