[thelist] printing out a webpage that doesn't cut off the last inch to the right

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Thu Oct 19 11:28:07 CDT 2000

aardvark,
still puzzling over this, and why you're getting such different results
from me.
There's got to be something fundamentally wrong with my assumptions. It
would be nice to figure out a baseline for this.

I'm using the same OS, same browsers, same print media, and yet I
measure a printable area (width) of 671 pixels give or take a few.

What are the other variables?
It must be a print resolution issue?

I'm printing at 100%, and with a resolution of 600dpi (least that's what
the print properties menu tells me).

Does anyone else have experience with this? To recap, I'm trying to find
a nominal maximum fixed width for a web page that, when printed from the
browser, will fit without cropping on the page (A4 / legal, portrait)

thanks
Sam