[thelist] Re: Non-Adobe PDF authoring software

ken mcewan km at iloop.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 15:51:48 CDT 2000

The 5D pdf creator is also available for a free download if you register at
http://www.ctrl-p.com or in the UK is usually included on the CD with Digit
magazine. It may have slightly reduced functionality but works for most
things.

<----------

Thanks to Gina for providing a key tip. I had not found the site at
http://www.pdfzone.com/ (although, of course, I did look!). This is a very
good resource for all things PDF. Nice site, well-organized.

 From there I found a nice product from 5D, called PDF Creator. It works
fine and is a fraction (3/10) of the cost of similar products from Adobe. I
liked it better than some other products, which did not function as printer
drivers so that any output from any App could be used to make a PDF. PDF
Creator allows control over the final form of PDFs and integrates nicely
with Monopoly-Word. I paid US$74, and bought it online from programmer's
paradise, at http://www.programmersparadise.com/Paradise/home.asp .

Ken McEwan