[thelist] Mac to IIS: FTP hell

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Sat Oct 21 22:19:47 CDT 2000

> Wrong. FTP is not good.  I can't really move more than one weensie
> little directory before my FTP program (Fetch) chokes.  Doesn't
> matter what kind of connection I have.  I'm not sure using a better
> FTP program (Anarchie) is going to help me all that much.  Plus I'm
> really lazy about learning new software.

You don't happen to be on a fast connection, do you? I have great difficulty
FTP-ing to certain servers from work. I assume it has something to do with the
number of requests that are made in a certain amount of time (there will be
much more because download/upload times are faster).

Maybe whip out the ol' telephone line and see if that helps any? Yeah, I know
it seems like we're taking a step back, but if it helps, it's certainly going
to make things go faster (and with less interaction from you).

hth,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com