[thelist] Copy site designs... again

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 23 09:24:02 CDT 2000

> From: Steve Cook <sck at biljettpoolen.se>
>
> What I really dislike with this site (and of course Neilsson's) is the use
> of full-page width text. There is no spacing at all around the text, which
> makes browsing with a larger screen resolution very tiring on the eyes. At
> least a <blockquote> tag would help relieve eyestrain on such a site. If you
> think about the extra "tracking" the eye must perform to read such wide
> lines of text, one can understand how the process tires the eyes more
> quickly.

i'm not sure i agree with that, only because i surf in 640px
windows, and throwing in margins would make it too thin for me...
also, that's not the "correct" use of <blockquote>, as if that
matters... i'd rather let a user resize his or her window... of course,
we also know that not all users know how to resize, so...

oh well....

i do agree completely with your comments about the patronizing tone and the use of bold...