[thelist] IIS4 v. "IIS5"

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Tue Oct 24 10:20:51 CDT 2000

> however, the response.redirect isn't the best way to move users...
> server.transfer is better, but as you know is only available
> in IIS5...
> just be aware that some users will get an 'Object moved' error in IE
> depending on their HTTP settings...

server.transfer is sweet, but you wait and see what ASP+ does. (actually,
you can see right now, and even download and play with it (Win2K, IE 5.5
only for now) ... a decent place to start is http://www.aspng.com/learn/
(though for some reason its hosed right now), the horse's mouth is at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/NET/default.asp ... though I haven't fired it up
yet, I've been lurking a couple mailing lists and alls I can say is damn,
you'd better learn how to *program* --scripting as you know it in ASP is
going bye-bye (more or less)....

sgd
--
think safely