[thelist] Getting TWO emails from the List

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Tue Oct 24 10:58:40 CDT 2000

> > > If so, a rule to (eg) move thelist messages
> > > to a folder will do this if you have 2
> > > rules.  Which is really dumb, but there
> > > you are.
> > >

> > To be specific, Outlook will duplicate the message if you
> have two rules
> > moving it to different folders; for example, I have one rule set
>
> *And* if you have 2 rules which send the same
> mail to the same folder based on slightly

AND, if you have one rule process on the subject, and one rule process on
the body, an email like this one with [admin] in the body it gets duped too!
=)

The rules processing is dumb. --Simple brute force dumb, not shouldn't use
dumb. Be smart with em....

(getting this thread twice because I used such a real example. ugh, the pain
I bring on myself sometimes)

<tip>
MS SiteServer stores its LDAP directory in SQL Server, which means you can
replicate it, *back it up* and basically move it around/scale it like you
would any other db. Kinda cool.
</tip>

sgd
--