[thelist] IIS Directory Structure

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Oct 24 15:33:40 CDT 2000

"Warden, Matt" wrote:

> Would this create security issues if the owner of each site was different and
> had access to their site's files? Since the virtual directory is located
> within their site, would you have to set permissions to be read-only?

Matt...

Its only an issue if the server is "shared". If you/I/him are the only one's running
content on it, setting up the code to be shared among virtual sites is a "good
thing(TM)" for the HTML Jockeys. (Disclaimer: HTML Jockeys is not a subsidiary of
Keyboard Jockeys, nor is CGI Jockeys, nor Code Jockeys. LOL)

--
Anthony Baratta
President