[thelist] CSS and Netscape

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 24 23:55:57 CDT 2000

> From: "Nicole Parrot" <nicole at parrot.ca>
>
> I've got a page that won't display in Netscape 4.7  (so what else is new?)
[...]

NN4.08/win98

[...]
> form, including the CSS part. So I removed everything that was between my
> header and my footer (let's reduce the problem) and was left with only the
> CSS and my code.
> Still no go in Netscape.
> However, removing the CSS code was magic.
>
> I'm not that familiar with CSS, and that part was generated for me.  I
> looked and looked, and don't see a place where I could have entered an
> invalid value, which would make Netscape die.
>
> The pages are at:
> http://theforce.net/snowboards/halloween2000/test1.html  (the full page)

this displays, with content, just fine for me (i assume)...

> http://theforce.net/snowboards/halloween2000/testcss.html (reduced page,
> with CSS code)
> http://theforce.net/snowboards/halloween2000/testnocss.html (reduced page,
> without CSS code, visible in Netscape)

these two show only the header, no content... but there is no
content in the source code, either...

i guess i don't know what to look for, but the source code shows no
content... it's almost as if there's an issue on the server side
causing the page to fail to render to HTML properly from whatever
server-side scripting language they use...

to test this theory, i opened the pages in IE5.0/win98 and got the
exact same results... i'd look to the server first... find out if any of
your HTML or CSS conflicts with any reserved words, special tags,
etc. that may exist in their CMS tools...