[thelist] Stopping an ASP script

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Wed Oct 25 14:50:26 CDT 2000

Tab,

> When a user submits a form that starts an ASP script running, and then
> decides to use the BACK key, or otherwise goes somewhere else, is there
any
> way to stop the script from running on the server?

Response.IsClientConnected

	Although, I am not certain if simply clicking the "Back" button
while remaining at your site will cause this to return true. If the value is
false, and if you're using sessions (considered by many to be evil, of
course), you'll probably want to invoke Session.Abandon in addition to
short-circuiting your server-side processing.
	One of our ASP experts can likely offer additional first-hand tips
and wisdom.

hth,
James Aylard