[thelist] CGI cart vs PHP cart

Madhu Menon madhu at asiacontent.com
Thu Oct 26 12:57:00 CDT 2000

At 10:30 PM 10/26/2000, thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org penned the following
words:
>what figures ? :)
>
>I always wanted to see a benchmark comparing php, perl and asp...
>
>greets

To which I say, it all depends upon the kind of code you write...

I can think of several ways in which I can REALLY make ASP scripts scream.
But this could turn it into a flame war, so I'll stop now. I had posted a
similar message in a similar argument about Perl, etc. a few months back.
Probably in the archives.

<plug>

You might be interested in reading what a Perl fan has to say in this
column on our site:
http://India.CNET.com/FirstPerson/Sesame/20001024/

He favours Perl above Java, JSP, etc.

The opinions expressed are not my own, of course :)

</plug>

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Webmaster, India.CNET.com
http://India.CNET.com
The source for computers and technology

ARTICLE OF THE DAY: Simpleware v/s Hypeware: Why it's not time to kill Perl yet
Read it now at: http://India.CNET.com/FirstPerson/Sesame/20001024/