[thelist] Electronic Domain Name Monitoring - My response.

Daniel J. Cody dcody at oracular.com
Thu Oct 26 17:44:26 CDT 2000

http://evolt.org/ednm.static.html

About a month and a half ago, I was contacted by Richard Evans from EDNM
about an email I had written in July of this last summer regarding some
remarks I had made about EDNM and the 'services' that they provided.

I, and many others, believe that EDNM are making a false and misleading
claims with faxes to domain name holders across the country.
The fax warns that a domain name similar to one that the person
receiving the fax owns has been submitted for registration and use in
'bad faith'. EDNM offers their services to register the domain name
before this third party can get it - at a cost to the individual
receiving the fax. Further, EDNM attempts to suggest in this fax that
they are some sort of licensing agency for domain names, and that
failure to reply to their fax may result in the 'licesing rights of this
domain name to any applicant', which clearly is not the case.

I've been getting a number of inquires about the 'service' that EDNM has
been trying to con un-suspecting domain name holders from domain name
holders across the country. These people are concerned that they may be
getting the wool pulled over their eyes by this company.

Hoping to get the word out about this company and what they're doing,
I've put together an article on the WWW for people confused about what
EDNM is trying to do. Hopefully this will clear up some of the confusion
about this company and their goals.

Please read and inform friends, weblogs, relatives, co-workers, etc
about this issue so they don't get taken in as well. Basically, the more
people hear about it, the fewer that will get burned.

http://evolt.org/ednm.static.html

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or input you may have
on this matter.

Daniel J. Cody
http://evolt.org
dcody at oracular.com