[thelist] CSS and Netscape

david braun david.braun at centralnet.ch
Fri Oct 27 11:59:27 CDT 2000

hi nicole

i'm on a mac, NS 4.76, and the problem you describe comes the other way 'rount (for me):

Nicole Parrot <nicole at parrot.ca> schrieb am 24.10.2000:

> The pages are at:
> http://theforce.net/snowboards/halloween2000/test1.html  (the full page)
works fine

> http://theforce.net/snowboards/halloween2000/testcss.html (reduced page,
> with CSS code)
no go : (

> http://theforce.net/snowboards/halloween2000/testnocss.html (reduced page,
> without CSS code, visible in Netscape)
no go : (

> Can anyone give me a clue? Please?

My CSS-plugin (HexMac CSS) returned some problems with color-definition:
it doesn't like "orange", "maroon"

Not that this must be the fault, but at least it _could_ be.
(Netscape is rather schizophrenic at interpreting CSS)

hth
david

<tip type="CSS">

    if you create crossbrowser/crossplatform Style-Definitions, avoid using
    underscores (like, "form_description") in Classes/IDs. Netscape (mac
    4.75 at least) fails the interpretation DUE TO the underscore.

</tip>