[thelist] Meta Name Key words

Rebekah Murphy bekah at nightvisions.com
Mon Oct 30 09:46:50 CST 2000

Adrian Fischer wrote:

> This is more of an ethical thing .  When using key words how unethical would
> it be to use words the same as an competing site?

I don't see a problem with using the same key words. The problem would
be (and there have been court cases about this) using your competitors
NAME in your keywords. General descriptive words are fine, I mean how
else would you do it? You sell the same things, your keywords are by
definition very similar. Just don't go putting names or slogans of other
companies in there.

-Bekah