[thelist] Meta Name Key words

K Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 12:50:40 CST 2000

> This is more of an ethical thing .  When using key words how unethical
would
> it be to use words the same as an competing site?  There are only so many
> descriptive words out there.  Could you get into some sort of trouble for
> it

I was reading recently of someone who was successfully sued by Playboy for
using their name in his meta-tags to attract visitors. In the same article
it said that you mustn't forget to look into what other countries call
certain objects. The example given was that here in the UK we say mobile
phone, in America they are refered to as cellular phones, and in Germany
they are called handys (just thought I'd mention that as we were on the
subject)

kjs at ratking.co.uk