[thelist] NT Image Manipulation Components

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Tue Oct 31 12:28:18 CST 2000

norman,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Norman Beresford
:
: I was wondering if anyone could recommend any
: IIS components for image manipulation?  Ideally we
: want to be able to load, resize and save as both
: JPG and GIF (all of the installed ones I've used can't
: handle GIF).  Does anyone have any suggestions?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

try macromedia generator.  there's a whole list of file formats it supports
and we've used it with agreeable results here at work.  my suggestion - if
you don't need the things that the enterprise edition offers, don't get that
version.  the developer edition is sufficient for most image manipulation
needs.

http://www.macromedia.com/software/generator/productinfo/developers/

good luck,

.jeff