[thelist] Simple change of 2 images with one Rollover

Julia Frizzell Julia_Frizzell at Brown.edu
Wed Nov 1 08:18:50 CST 2000

At 11:28 AM +0000 11/1/00, Zoe Oughton wrote:
>Hi Listees
>
>I know this subject has been discussed before, but I have searched the
>archives and I cannot find!!!!
>
>I have recently changed jobs, computer, etc, etc, so I have lost a lot of
>stock scripts which I had kept.
>
>What I am after is a simple JavaScript to change 2 images with one rollover.
>The second image will change to a different image depending which button is
>rolled over - I hope you understand?  The second image consists of text
>which explains the section the button takes the user to.
>This is done on many sites, but as usual, when specifically looking I cannot
>find anything.
>
>Can anyone help.  Matt I know you are good at this stuff, I have often used
>the basic rollover script that you wrote for people at evolt.org.

Took a while to find it, since they've edited the machine a bit.

http://www.builder.com/Programming/Kahn/index.html

Click on the Mouseover Machine on the right-hand side. It has an
option for adding in another graphic for the mouseover.

Even if you just use placeholder text, it's good at showing you how its done.

Julia Frizzell                        http://www.netspace.org/~glyneth
julia_frizzell at brown.edu                   http://www.theblackroad.org
glyneth at netspace.org                                      ICQ: 8458071
"No, your other right." Zoe, http://www.sluggy.com