[thelist] ASP INSERT INTO problem

L. Floyd lfloyd at sonic.net
Wed Nov 1 10:03:37 CST 2000

Here's a very simple SQL statement that I'm trying to use to create a new record in a simple Access database using ASP:

INSERT INTO chatter (name, date, comments, files) VALUES ('bob', #10/31/00#, 'just some words', 'files.jpg')

The fields name, comments, and files are all text or memo data types; date is date data type.  I continue to get this error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'

Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement.

/watercooler/post.asp, line 42

Line 42 is my execute line (MyConnection.Execute(strSQL))

What am I overlooking??  I've been beating my head against the wall!  This is just too simple, right?

- larry

ps:  Happy Halloween!!