[thelist] domain registration in various countries - ca, uk,fr, de, sg, etc

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Nov 2 18:07:21 CST 2000

> South Africa is .za
> (it's Afrikaans, I think.  Zuid Afrika?  Who speaks Dutch/Afrikaans?)

Then what is .rs? I'm obviously remembering having seen it somewhere.
Republic of South Africa or something?

Isn't .za Zaire? or is that now .zr perhaps?

Either way, thanks for the info - I'll go check out the nic later today.

Anyone familiar with the process at the German nic? The English version of
the site appears to be missing some of the information. Do they have
name.de, name.com.de or name.co.de? What's the pricing structure?

isaac