[thelist] Offering contracts: Opinions on Etiquette?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Nov 3 21:24:51 CST 2000

I've recently had the opportunity to meet a CF developer, with the
intent of evaluating his skills in relation to my company's goals.
Before we met, I asked if he would be willing to bring some code that
he had written so that I could take a look at it, to benchmark his
skill level.

His response was to immediately go cold, and decline the interview.
I've seen his site, I know he can do HTML & DHTML, but I still wanted
to correctly evaluate whether I was getting someone that had the
skill level my company is looking for.

Here's the question: Is asking to look at, without making copies
(example: reading it off a floppy disk) of previous work at the
source level out of line?

For those of you who are hiring developers: Any hiring tips?
--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com