[thelist] Cool article, and DOM confession

Ben Henick persist1_pdx at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 22:48:50 CST 2000

--- Bob Davis <bobd at members.evolt.org> wrote:
> our lives and how it's breaking some people.  It's very interesting.
>
> http://www.fawny.org/parallel.html

Also noted was the link to the Congressional testimony.

All of the points made in this article (and the linked testimony) have
been in my peripheral vision for at least two years, but it's nice to
see it confirmed with citations.

The idea of unions horrifies me (because it's hard enough having to
deal with The Man alone, as opposed to being sandwiched by two huge
special interests) but this information explains exactly why the idea
is so attractive.

While we're on the subject, can someone point out a resource that
explains the DOM used by IE5.5 and Netscape 6?  As I pointed out to
another list member offlist, the official documentation has to me all
the clarity of melting butter.

I've decided to use standards-compliant DHTML on my new project, 'cause
it's about time I joined the party (though I blush with shame to admit
that it's taken me this long).

I've seen very little, just a for-developers article on the Netscape
site explaining how to use getElementById() which is a big plus, but
merely a start all the same.

Thanks in advance,

=====
Ben Henick              |  "In the long run, men hit only
Web Author At-Large     |  what they aim at.  Therefore,
www.io.com/persist1/    |  though they should fail
persist1 at io.com         |  immediately, they had better aim
persist1_pdx at yahoo.com  |  high."  --Henry David Thoreau