[thelist] ASP: Make your own .mdb

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Nov 6 10:19:25 CST 2000

At 07:33 AM 11/6/2000, you wrote:
> >From an ASP script, can you use the FileScriptingObject to create a file
>with an .mdb extension and then use CreateTables statements to populate it?
>
>I'm working on it from here, but thought maybe I'd see if somebody else had
>already tried it and could save me some time.

As far as I can tell, no. You can't even create an .mdb file from the MS
SQL interface when you export data from MS SQL. If the functionality ain't
there, then I would think that it can't be done without Access available.
Which is too bad.

What I do is create an empty Access DB, store it on the server and grab a
copy of it when I need a blank one. Sucks, but it works.

----
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys