[thelist] AOL

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Tue Nov 7 12:20:34 CST 2000

|for some reason I was under the impression that AOL automatically
|upgraded its users to the new version?
|(in which case backwards compatability for AOL is not such an issue)
|But I also have this feeling that I've been dreadfully and horribly
|wrong all this time :)

Sam,

You don't get upgraded to newer *versions* automatically, you must download
them. You can also install multiple versions of AOL on the same machine, I'm not
sure if the browser gets overwritten though.

AOL does however install these little updates from time to time for the
particular version you are using.

I might have an AOL3.0 installer around here somewhere. I'll look and let you
know if I find one.

Gina