[thelist] Problems with deleted records in Access

Chris Hayes chris at londonweb.net
Wed Nov 8 07:55:42 CST 2000

> >Just a point.. you have compacted and repaired the DB?
>
> Yes, and I haven't had the problem for a while (this may or may not
because
> of the compact/repair).
>
> Mostly I'm just paranoid that such a corruption (if that's what it was)
> might happen on the live site.

So you should be :-)

I often see these problems (once/twice per month) when working in the
development environment, but never on our live servers. I have pretty much
nailed it down to working on the DB whilst CF is still hooked up and there
are users making queries against it.

You should be safe if you make sure you never work on the database on the
live server.

Having said that I generally have a policy of not deleting any records, only
marking them as deleted as you originally suggested.   The idea of having
dynamic delete queries on your site is too scary.  If you build it in now it
could save you a great deal of pain in the future, in fact it's saved my
bacon once.