[thelist] Select problem on Mac in NN

Seb Barre sebastien at oven.com
Thu Nov 9 09:56:03 CST 2000

At 10:32 AM 11/9/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Everyone:
>
>Has anyone using a Netscape in Mac had a problem where a select box
>has options that are all garbled? Instead of:
>
>John
>Jim
>Joan
>Joanne
>
>I get:
>
>John    Jim    Jo
>an    Joanne
>
>But then it gets to a certian point and works fine, displaying each on their
>own line. I'm using Cold Fusion to query a database and simply populate the
>select box with options.
>
>Any ideas? I'm stumped. Or is it just a bug in NN on a Mac? Cuz it works
>fine in IE. And both versions work fine in Netscape.

The only thing I could suggest without seeing the source would be to make
sure that each <option> has a </option> closing tag.  Browsers don't
require this as far as I know (I've seen many pages that don't have them
and work fine), but it's good practice to include it.

--- -- -
Seb Barre - seb at oven.com
OVEN Digital Toronto
Work: 416-595-9750 x 222