[thelist] Penalties

Billy Hutton BillyH at phx.effectnet.net
Thu Nov 9 12:36:37 CST 2000

When my business got big enough to require contracts for each site we did,
we did put in a clause regarding penalties for our customer failing to
deliver content, or any other material required by us for site development.

Most customers had a problem with it, and would ask us why it was there.
That gave us the chance to tell them how important their deliverables were
to us for meeting their deadlines.  We also had a clause that released us
from our deadlines if the customers deliverables slipped.

- Billy