[thelist] Simple Apache question

Anthony Baratta Tony at IdeaSystems.com
Fri Nov 10 09:41:29 CST 2000

At 07:20 AM 11/10/2000, you wrote:
>Anthony, are you sure about this? It didn't work for me. What did work was
>modifying the <directory...> entry in the httpd.config file to read:
>
>Options -Indexes ...(blah, blah)
>
>However, that disables indexing on all directories.
>
>I'm using WinNT with Apache running as a service. Would that be a factor? Of
>course, I did remember to stop and restart the sevice before expecting the
>change to take effect.

One: I have no idea about Apache for Windows, sorry.

Two: In order for the .htaccess file to be active, you need to make one
change to your httpd.conf file.

#
# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options", "FileInfo",
# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"
#
     AllowOverride Options

By default the AllowOverride is set to None. I set mine to All because I'm
the only one on the server.

----
Anthony Baratta
Isys Idea Systems