[thelist] Request For Comments (+ tips)

Katherine Spice k.spice at acu.ac.uk
Fri Nov 10 11:04:07 CST 2000

Hi Kathy - Thanks for the feedback.

> My first suggestion would be to define your target
> audience: is it strictly entrenched academics, or outsiders as well? If so,
> a definition of the programs would be in order on the front page.

That's part of the problem - our users are mainly students or other
people with specific interests (and we're a bit of an umbrella org
covering loads of different areas), but Management are convinced that
the Vice Chancellors of our member unis should be a specific group to
target - but currently there's not much to draw them in - i was kinda
hoping a "commonwealth higher education news forum" might be something
"entrenched academics" would use ;-), while allowing me to make the site
more useable for everyone.

Katherine