[thelist] Unix Friday Freebie

Terry Fowler one_webdude at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 14:44:19 CST 2000

--- "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at five2one.org> wrote:
> Since the venerable sgd's friday freebies are always
> windows based, and
> since i need to test a new setting on the list relay
> servers, i thought
> i'd share with some of us that are on the other side
> of force :)
> (although scotts tips are always good, no doubt :)
>
> <tip type="unix quickies">

Way to go djc!! Keep 'em coming. I spend most of my
day in Solaris 2.5 and HPUX 1020. One of the
requirements for being a UNIX guru is having a
fantastic memory (which I don't) or a great notebook
full of UNIX commands. I just checked mine for the
command to get the OS version and couldn't find it.
Erm, maybe this is a hint for the next Unix Friday
Freebie?

Terry "Not a Guru" Fowler