[thelist] Anchors going screwy in IE

Tara Cleveland taracleveland at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 10 18:16:32 CST 2000

Hi Everyone!

<whine> It's Friday night and I want to go home!</whine>

Now that I've got that out of my system, I'm hoping one of you brilliant
people can help me and a collegue with a dilemma.
We've got a page with anchors linking to another page with #anchors in them.
These pages work in Netscape on Mac and PC and IE on a PC,  but not in IE
(4.5 or 5) on a Mac.

I've validated the code with BBEdit's validator and it checks out. It's
driving us crazy.

This is the link from the linking page:
<A HREF="efficacy.html#kidney" TITLE="[Kidney Transplantation]"
TARGET="mainFrame">Kidney Transplantation</A>

And from the linked page:
<h1><a name="kidney"><I>KIDNEY</I>&nbsp;TRANSPLANTATION</A></H1>

I'm sorry I can't provide more code or a page to view the problem (site's
not live yet).

So has anyone else had a similar problem or can see the problem here? Are we
blind?

Please reply directly to taracleveland at hotmail.com as I'm on digest.

Thanks in advance,
Tara