[thelist] Re: hard won vector art tip...

Eric Benvenue-Jennings eric at rapid13.org
Mon Nov 13 15:27:53 CST 2000

On 11/13/00 at 11:09 AM, Jacob Stetser <icongarden at icongarden.com> wrote:

> However, as long as we still use bitmap-based imaging technology, we have to account
> for the fact that displays have differing standards - Macs with 72 dpi and PCs with
> 96dpi.

Let's not forget that those numbers are for "out of the box" monitors. Whenever you change the resolution (as many people do) you are changing the dpi. For example, my 21" Mac monitor is 72 dpi at 1280 x 1024 but I set it to 1600 x 1200 which makes it closer to 83 dpi. Oops, there go your standards.

Eric Benvenue-Jennings