[thelist] SQL Multiple entries in same column?

Adrian Fischer adrian at logo-logic.com
Mon Nov 13 23:54:22 CST 2000

Hi rudy,

> holler if you would like me to give examples
> rudy
> r937.com

I'm hollering...
I need to understand this more fully.  At the moment I am doing multiple
selects from different tables and I know I should be able to use the one
statement to retrieve from both tables.  Its been a case of making it work,
but not efficiently.  Its not just the theory that I need to polish up on
its also the implementation.  I have just about read the mySQL documentation
from front to back but am still none the wiser :-(
I think I don't understand the relationship of Unique and Foreign keys and
how they impact on what I'm trying to do.

Laymen's terms would be just fine...(more than fine, or a link)

Thanks

Adrian Fischer
Brisbane
Australia