[thelist] Netscape 6 Ques already.

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Tue Nov 14 12:59:35 CST 2000

Morbus,

> I actually am planning on seeing a lot more of these "Netscape 6 broke my
> site" problems. No. It's not Netscape 6. Trust me. It's reliance on broken

> implementations.

	It is easy to blame a new browser model (such as IE 5.5 or Netscape
6) for broken site functionality, even though the culprit is often bad code.
I would not, however, at this early stage make a blanket claim that it's
"not Netscape 6". The rebuild effort on Netscape 6 was an enormous task, and
there can be no doubt that the browser is far from perfect. As you may know,
there has been considerable controversy in the development world recently
over whether Netscape 6 is, in fact, ready for prime time.
	Evolt is going to be a valuable sounding board as developers stumble
across odd behavior in Netscape 6 and try to determine whether it is their
code, or whether it is, in fact, the browser. I'm sure we'll find each to be
true.

James Aylard