[thelist] Select boxes in viewing heirarchy

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Nov 14 22:57:21 CST 2000

> ... drop-down select boxes always appear over the submenus...
> Has anyone encountered/conquered this problem before?

hi karen

three hours later and no response, i figure it's safe for me to step up and
say that although i have never encountered this myself (i'm still choked up
about what css does to font sizes, i haven't dared start to play with
positioning and z-index), i have heard other web developers mention it
several times, apparently this is one of those things that you will just
have to live with, although i think it applies only to netscape (not sure)

   "Netscape
        4.x
       Form elements are always rendered on top of absolutely or
       relatively positioned elements, regardless of where they are
       located in the document tree or any 'z-index' value specified."

http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css/properties/position/zindex.htm

rudy
r937.com