[thelist] Table Background Question

david braun david.braun at centralnet.ch
Wed Nov 15 04:38:00 CST 2000

the table-bg-bug?

set up a little CSS:

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!--
TD{
  background-image:none;
}
/*Class 'imageCell'*/
TD.imageCell{
  background-image:url(img/yourBackground.gif);
}
-->
</STYLE>

give the cell that gets the background-image the class="imageCell" and
you're done. works in NS and IE. If you want it to be CSS-independent,
you could give the bg-cell the backgnd-attribute as well. thus you get
the css-version for css-understanding browsers, and every other gets the
more or less same result through the html.

If you have ceveral cells in the topmost table (that contain nested
table), you might have nest this table into another and give this
topmost table the background-image...

hth
david
d: )