[thelist] Re: NN6 killed my CSS!

Eric Benvenue-Jennings eric at rapid13.org
Wed Nov 15 09:04:28 CST 2000

> From: Jacob Stetser <icongarden at icongarden.com>
> Subject: Re: [thelist] NN6 killed my CSS!
>
> Try to be civil next time you post. There are many companies that standardize on
> Netscape, regardless of your own dislike of it. There are many more hundreds of
> thousands of users of it - perhaps millions.
>
> Yes, I expect people to download this browser. As a result, I know I now need to test
> for its own idiosyncracies when developing sites. I don't just go off emotionally and
> say 'f--k N6' and by extension the people who will use it.

I'm in the camp of F**K NN6! Firmly. Quite frankly, it's the worst browser I've ever seen for the Mac. It consistently cannot display framed sites correctly and it mangles many pages that I've been visiting regularly with no problems in IE5 and NN4. Honestly, there are too many major problems to even begin listing them. It's crap and useless and it's about to become widely used. What a frikkin' nightmare for web developers! The source of the rage isn't overwork or an irrational perspective - it's frustration at having such dreck forced on us.