[thelist] NN6 killed my CSS!

Scott_Brady at themoneystore.com Scott_Brady at themoneystore.com
Wed Nov 15 10:30:05 CST 2000

After doing some testing on w3c.org's approved CSS1 test site (
http://www.cwru.edu/dms/homes/eam3/w3c-excl/index.html ) . .  .

Netscape 6 (which AOL claims is fully compliant with CSS1) is not FULLY
compliant.  There are a few situations where it displays fonts and colors
incorrectly.  Most annoyingly, it doesn't do some background attributes
correctly.  Most of the other problems are when Netscape will display font
attributes for incorrectly formed CSS, which isn't too bad, I guess.

HOWEVER, after testing the same things in IE5.5, NS6 is a helluva lot better
than IE5.5.  IE5.5 fails on everything NS6 fails on (except for the background
stuff) and a whole lot more.

So, the basic verdict is that NS6 is probably the closest I've seen to a
CSS-compliant browser (not having used IE5 for the Mac).

Scott