[thelist] cron (specifically the cgi it runs)

Steve Cook sck at biljettpoolen.se
Thu Nov 16 06:20:28 CST 2000

Simply don't print it!

What's happening is that if you do
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
on the command line, it will simply print the text in the print statement.
However, if you print the line as part of a cgi script, the cgi mechanism
will interpret the line as an HTTP header. If it's sent before all the rest
of the content, it will send it as an HTTP header, if it's is printed after
a header has already been sent, it will interpret as that you are trying to
send two headers, which triggers an error message to the browser.

What you need is to determine whether the script is running from cgi or from
the command line and not print anything in the command line version. I'm
sure there's an environment variable that details that, but as said earlier,
I don't have any documentation with me, so I'm a little stumped!

Good luck.

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net