[thelist] Netscape 6 not rendering Layered menus

Sarah Mc Coy sarah at dieseldesign.com
Thu Nov 16 13:37:50 CST 2000

We ran into the same problem.  To use layered menus we had to use the DOM.

There is a fantastic script for this at
http://www.ichwill.net/mom/domlay/index.html . domlay.js is a routine for
showing/hiding, positioning and changing the content of layers within the
document and is compatible with Netscape 4.x, internet explorer 4.x,
internet explorer 5 and Netscape 6.
All you have to do is to give it the name of the layer, the visibility
trigger and its coordinates.

A hint: Make sure you store all the variables for the layer in the style
sheet. If you don't, its buggy and you lose the mouseovers.

Sarah