[thelist] apology

Mike.Hodgson Mike.Hodgson at citywatch.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 19:00:53 CST 2000

Guys,

Just back from my hols and to my horror, I find my IT dept put a vacation
message on my email account, and as I didn't suspend my evolt subscription,
you probably got loadsa messages letting you know I was sunning myself in
warmer climes.  Many, many apologies.  You have no idea how ashamed I feel.

<tip type="list etiquette">
Going away for a while? Always, always suspend your evolt subscription.
There's an option to do it at http://lists.evolt.org.  This will save you
acute embarrasment and also stop people getting annoyed with you.
</tip>

<tip type="asp">
Want a quick'n'easy way to display one of your tables using ASP (perhaps for
debugging purposes)?  Try this:
<%
	' ** alter these to match your database
	dsn="ThisIsMyDSN"
	uid=""
	pwd=""
	dbname="TableOne"

	' ** this just extracts the data and iterates through it
	Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
	objConn.Open "dsn=" & dsn & ";uid=" & uid & ";pwd=" & pwd & ";"
	SQL="SELECT * FROM " & dbname
	Set objRs = objConn.Execute(SQL)

	Response.Write "<table border=1 cellpadding=2>"
	Response.Write "<tr>"

	For I = 0 To objRS.Fields.Count - 1
	Next

	Response.Write "</tr>"

	Do While Not objRS.EOF
	Response.Write "<tr>"

	For I = 0 To objRS.Fields.Count - 1
	 Response.Write "<td>" & objRS(I) & "</td>"
	Next

	Response.Write "</tr>"

	objRS.MoveNext
	Loop

	Response.Write "</table>"

	objRs.Close
	objConn.Close
%>
</tip>

<tip type="search engines">
Take the time to learn how to use search-engines properly.  Even if you only
use one favourite engine, visits it's "tips" page.  It will save you 10x the
original effort in a very short space of time.
</tip>

Once again, sorry folks!
Mike

      Visit our Internet site at http://www.citywatch.co.uk