[thelist] how'd they do that?

Meredith Tupper meredith at pintsize.com
Mon Nov 20 17:28:50 CST 2000

Erika Meyer wrote:

> yeah, the waterfall was messed up on my Mac, too.

Doh!

> This stuff, though:
> http://www.art.net/~starhawk/effects3.htm
>
> is different.  They are Java applets;
> someone showed me the one called 'lake'
> (they called it 'reflect')
> back when I tried (and failed) to learn Java
> back in early 1998.

I recall seeing the lake applet before, and I recall its browser-crashing
tendency at the time.  No doubt such applets are more stable now (or perhaps the
browsers are) but I am hesitant to use them yet.  That's why I thought the
animated waterfall gif was so cool - simple and pretty.  Thanks Janice and Erika
for the reminder to check cross-platform.

Meredith

--
PintSize Graphics & Web Hosting, Inc.
http://www.pintsize.com