[thelist] individual health insurance

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 21 10:40:17 CST 2000

> From: "A. Erickson" <amanda at gawow.com>
>
> I've recently been layed off and am considering going back to the world of
> freelancing and contracting. In order to do that, though, I'll need to set
> up my own health insurance. Anyone have any recommendations or personal
> experience to share on that?

many temp agencies and outsourced HR firms offer group plans...
many organizations (the local art directors / communicators group
has one) offer plans as well...

start with organizations with which you have membership already,
then check ones you might wanna be part of (local WebGrrls-style
chapters, etc.), and then check with the temp firms...

they work by enrolling lots of freelancers or independents under a
parent corporation that does nothing but provide an umbrella to get
access to these benefits at better rates with guaranteed numbers...