[thelist] Dropdowns - good or bad?

Richard H. Morris richard.morris at web-designers.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 11:14:29 CST 2000

Herzog, Ari [Ari_Herzog at Instron.com] asked:

Good, IMO.

We use them on, um, four sites at the Clients' requests.

On one site, there's a single, long page with a number of cases cited.  We
started out having hyperlinks to bookmarks at the top of the page but this
was getting unwieldy so we changed to a drop-down menu which works fine - I
reckon - and takes up less space.

Another site only has a horizontal bar with the content below.  Again a
common menu bar include works very well.

Just my tuppenny-bit.

Richard. H. Morris, Web Designers Limited
~~ http://www.web-designers.co.uk ~~
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy"