[thelist] Have A Look

Jamie Madden jamie at bayou.com
Wed Nov 22 12:12:40 CST 2000

Ok, I fixed the blink in the calendar.  I know, it bugged me too but I
couldn't think of another way.  I've bolded it instead now.  I'm gonna work
on adding some more space between sections.  No one has to tell me there's
too much information but it is for an ISP that I think finally has seen
that the days of the paid dialup are almost over and they're trying to
build a regional portal so as to supplement income with banner
advertisement.  Will it work?  Who knows, but these are the things they
want to have on the page.  I'm gonna try realigning the section titles left
to aid visibility.

I've got a question about right side advertising.  I've seen a few sites
the are putting banner ads down the right side of a page and letting the
content fill 640x480 but you have to scroll to see the ads.  800x600 and up
gets it all.  I understand how to do this but I was wondering if anyone
else had noticed this trend and if anyone had any comments on it.  It
certainly would allow me to spread things out a little more.  16% of my
current visitors are running in the vicinity of 640x480.  800x600 is at 57%
and eveything else is up from there.  Any suggestions?

jamie