[thelist] digital camera shopping

Jason E. Burk jasonb at halstead-architects.com
Wed Nov 22 15:40:41 CST 2000

http://www.mercata.com

is all i can say & right now if you sign up with passport (MSN) you get 20%
off stuff at mercata.

check it out.

> I'm awanting a digital camera, but not a fancy schmancy print quality one

as far as what to get, i was on a trip overseas where a lot of people brought
their digital cameras (over 1 million total  images for sure, man).  we had
everything from the nikon's with little memory cards (the cards are quite
expensivo if you ask me) to the big sony's with the floppy disk insert.  i
personally like the floppy disk type because film is cheap (use all those old
floppys that are going bonkers soon anyway) but the nikons with memory cards
shot at resolutions up to 1500 x whatever that would actually print at 3 x 5
on a decent quality printer and look OK -- i find that one colorful, high
quality image on the sony (floppy type) use 1 disk per picture (ouch).

the point & shoot style, memory card cams are probably better for versatility
tho, since they are fairly small and don't require you to carry a hundred
floppy's around, getting beat up in your pockets...if you check out mercata i
know they have some wonderful deals right now on the type of camera you're
looking for.

hth.

jason

j a s o n  e . b u r k