[thelist] digital camera shopping

M. Hannan desmoljones at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 22 23:39:08 CST 2000

>I hear many people refer to 'mega-pixel' as if it were the sole >measuring
>stick by which digital cameras ought be measured. Remember >that all of
>those pixels will only be as well 'exposed' as the >instrument that
>'exposes' them. Optics are of unparalleled importance.

I agree....BUT, all things being relatively equal (optics across the
medium-to-low range digital camera selections) you will notice bad
resolution quicker than you will notice bad optics...given the price range
and intended purposes stated.  If we had an unlimited budget I'd be talking
about some nice digital backs for your medium format Hassie.  Since we're
talking budget then the issue of first order is resolution.

m@