[thelist] Who's more stupid?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Thu Nov 23 00:03:22 CST 2000

We deal with an ISP we're on fairly familiar terms with. Today, I got an email
from the admin asking a technical question about how I had set up some joins in
one of my product's database.

What?

When I asked to clarify whether he was building a product based on ours, to
resell to other customers, he essentially (and casually) said yes. (WTF was he
thinking?!)

Now, as he is our unique supplier of CF ISP services, and the admin, I've got
some serious, serious thinking to do about protecting our materials.

I know I can encrypt my code- can I decrypt it? And can I encrypt my database in
such a way that it functions, and yet still not allow him, with his Admin God
status to get the password?

I don't know who'se more stupid: Me for trusting in a business situation, or him
for outright telling me that he's screwing me over.

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com