[thelist] Java Video Streaming

Chris Hayes chris at lonondweb.net
Fri Nov 24 11:03:17 CST 2000

Hi

I'm getting sick of the RealPlayer installation.  It's a 10MB download and a
registration process which I can only assume is meant as a deterrent.

Does anyone know of any robust Java-based video streaming technologies?  (Or
any other user-friendly ideas)

I am looking for something like Emblaze VideoPro, but not that.  It just has
a light applet and you encode an AVI file for streaming.  It's ideal, but
they just put a price tag on it which...
I can only assume is meant as a deterrent :-)

Thanx in advance.

Tips in the post.