[thelist] ODBC Text File Driver and ASP

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Nov 27 18:06:34 CST 2000

Howdy!

I'm looking to solve a current problem I have to auto load a very large amount of
data daily. (Basically drop and re-create the target tables, import the data, and
create the indexes.) Side Note: the data files might need massaging prior to
importation, e.g. a header row and cleanup of the file to remove "bad data" lines.

One option is to use the Bulk Copy program, but I think this may be unwieldy via
VBS/ASP.

Another option I thought of today was to use the MS ODBC Text File Driver and talk to
it like a database with SQL.

So the question is: Has anyone done this before? Or have a better solution?

--
Anthony Baratta
President