[thelist] Time Zones and Locales in CF

John Pye john.pye at purplehouse.com
Tue Nov 28 06:46:38 CST 2000

Hi all

A fairly simple question I hope: TimeFormat(Now()) in Cold Fusion gives me
the Time in New York, GMT minus 5 hours, even though the software clock in
Linux on the same machine gives our correct local time, according to GMT.

Is there some way of setting the time zone that Cold Fusion thinks it's in,
separate from the operating system, that I haven't discovered?

telnet...
[~]$ date
Tue Nov 28 12:40:00 GMT 2000

www...
 GetTimeZoneInfo Example
 The local date and time are {ts '2000-11-28 07:41:00'}.
 Total offset in seconds is 18000.
 Offset in hours is 5.
 Offset in minutes minus the offset in hours is 0.
 Is Daylight Savings Time in effect? NO.

I have tried using the SetLocale command as in
 <CFSET application.locale=SetLocale("English (UK)")>
 <CFSET application.locale=GetLocale()>
  ...but to no avail.

Any comments would be most appreciated!
John